db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Sometimes, the "incubator" logo appears on the Derby web site pages
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 23:53:58 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> The other thing that puzzles me is, why is the "search" box searching
> all of the different versions of the doc. Is it not sufficient simply
> to have the search box search the current version of the doc?
> If people really wanted to have a search tool which searched the older
> version of the doc, maybe there could be an "advanced search" area
> somewhere on the site?

The search box is generated by Forrest for the site as a whole and can't
be restricted to just one portion of it. I included an FAQ that shows
how to search just the 10.1 docs using google (which is what gets used
by the search box on the web site):

I might be able to do a web thing to exclude the 10.0 docs from
searches. --That would be good and I'll look into it.

thanks for the feedback,

View raw message