db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.RuntimePermission getProtectionDomain in derbynet/sysinfo.java
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:29:54 GMT
Vemund Ostgaard wrote:
> The following two tests have been failing when I have run
> derbynetclientmats:
>
> derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/sysinfo.java
> derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/sysinfo_withproperties.java

> The reason is that the test fails to get the permission for doing
> getProtectionDomain().getCodeSource() on class com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver:
> After quite a bit of reading and testing it seems to me that the tests
> fail when db2jcc.jar is located in the same directory as the derby*.jar
> files, if I move it to a different directory the tests succeed.

This is a very interesting discovery, but I can't immediately explain why
it's happening. It's surely related to the changes I made for DERBY-668 and
it seems similar to DERBY-1152, but not identical.

I think you should please file a new issue, so that we can track this and
try to figure out what's going on.

thanks,

bryan