db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject QueryObjectGenerator & SecurityManager - bug or requirement?
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:24:33 GMT
In the properties file for the TestQueryObject JDBC 4.0 test we have:

#this case tests QueryObject related methods which are present in jdk 1.6
#default QueryObjectGenerator uses reflection to check the Data Object
#before calling the methods to set the values. This is a privileged
operation
#and fails in the presence of security manager
noSecurityManager=true

Is this a bug in Mustang?

Or in order to use this feature with Derby and a SecurityManager does
the application has to grant some permissions to some code (Derby code
or Java class libraries code)? If so, then some documentation will be
needed around this, and the test should be changed to run under the
Security Manager with the correct permissions so that we ensure
applications can use this functionality.

Dan.