db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fixed issues with no Fix Version marked
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:41:47 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:

> Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>

>>I noticed there are 94  issues marked "Fixed" with no fix version marked.
>>
>>It would be good if developers could look at the  list and mark the
>>fixin's for their issues (just about everyone has some)
>

> Stupid question: Why? If something is fixed with no particular
> version, doesn't that mean that it is fixed in the trunk? And doesn't that
> mean that the fix will make it into the first release that is branched
> after the fix was committed?
>
> For a long time I have assumed that the next release was going to be
> 10.2. Now, if I had marked issues as 10.2, does that mean they will
> not be a part of 10.1.3? Do I have to go through everything that I have
> marked as 10.2 and change fixin to 10.1.3?
>
> IMHO it would be better to leave the fixin version blank to signal
> that they should be part of the first available release, whatever it
> is called.

The 10.1.3 release will be off the 10.1 branch, so anything fixed in the
trunk will not be in 10.1.3 unless someone merges it.

I think having a valid release number in the fixed version helps users
see when the fix will be available. A blank fix version gives them no
information.

>>or perhaps there
>>is a volunteer who would like to make the pass.  I marked some bugs that
>>I was interested in.
>>http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10594&resolution=1&fixfor=-1&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC
>>
>>Having Jira  info correct sure makes things easier for users trying to find out
>>which version has a fix, developers considering porting fixes for the 10.1.3
>>release,
>

> But this only applies to fixes committed after 10.1.3 was branched,
> right? Anything committed to trunk prior to that is automatically
> part of 10.3.1, isn't it?

Yes, but the 10.1 branch was a while ago.

Dan.