db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Preparing for potential Google Summer of Code
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 18:28:36 GMT

David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> - Put together a Wiki page with potential projects and mentors for
> each project.  It would be great to have this regardless, as a way to
> encourage participation.

Good idea. I can suggest several projects in the area of 'Optimizer',
like large query optimization or multi-index scan for a table (for OR/IN
processing or for processing T1.a=5 OR T1.b=6) Optimizer projects are
always appealing to students and a good way to test their coding skills
:) Other projects I can think of include XQuery integration with Derby
or Lucene text search integration.

> If this sounds good, I can start the Wiki page, and then anyone who
> has an idea for a project and/or is willing to mentor can update that
> page.
> David

View raw message