db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Parameter names in JDBC methods
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:20:11 GMT
Hello,

I have noticed that DatabaseMetaData.supportsNamedParameters returns
false for Derby. We support using column names instead of indices in
ResultSet, but JDBC methods using parameter names throw not-implemented
exceptions (most of them are in CallableStatement, I think).

Am I correct in saying all JDBC methods using parameter names will throw
not-implemented exceptions?
I am implementing CallableStatement.getCharacterStream, and I have the
impression we are missing the basic functionality for using parameter
names instead of indices. I do not know how much work it will be to add
the feature, but I do not plan to add it in my current work.

I see there are some methods using parameter names in DERBY-1181. If my
assumptions are confirmed, I will add a comment stating these methods
will not be implemented, but throw not-implemented exceptions.

--
Kristian