db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Putting all messages in messages.properties?
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:54:08 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> I would like to understand what resistance there might be to putting
> all messages in the single properties file, messages_XX.properties,
> and using a build script to copy over the appropriate messages for the
> client.

How much would this increase the size of client and server?  I had
always thought that if it didn't  cause too much bloat, this would be a
good solution, because it might also potentially mean we could get rid
of the horrible stored procedure call for client messages.    I  have
always been big fan of build based code sharing.  All the other
strategies seemed awfully cumbersome to users and developers to me.

Kathey