db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Problem with new SQLException hierarchy in 1.6
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 14:29:16 GMT
>> Thank you for digging into this. I noticed this cruft (but didn't go
>> hunting for the problem) while cleaning up some other diffs in the 1.6
>> derbyall. Yes, please log a JIRA on this and link it to DERBY-955, the
>> master JIRA for 1.6 derbyall problems.
>
> Logged as DERBY-1178

It seemed like there was a second bug that you discovered here, too: you
noticed that, due to poor input validation:

    it ends up trying to use the preformatted
    message as a real messageId and try to look up a localized version of
    the message. This obviously doesn't work

Are we going to address *both* problems as part of 1178? Or do you think
we need to have two different bug reports?

thanks,

bryan