db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Andrew McIntyre (JIRA)" <derby-...@db.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (DERBY-1244) ij no longer returns error messages based on derby.ui.locale
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2006 05:29:06 GMT
    [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1244?page=comments#action_12375672 ] 

Andrew McIntyre commented on DERBY-1244:
----------------------------------------

I also was not  able to reproduce the problem on my machine, but after reinspecting the code,
it does appear that we would need to reinitialize the LocalizedResource instance that we have
in case the derby.ui.locale and derby.ui.codeset properties were loaded from a properties
file with the -p option. Committed this change with revision 396080. I also updated the masters
for two tests that do this, LocalizedDisplay and LocalizedConnectionAttribute. These tests
are not currently hooked into the i18nTest suite, though, for reasons that are escaping me
at the moment.

Myrna, could you see if this fixes your problem?

> ij no longer returns error messages based on derby.ui.locale
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
>          Key: DERBY-1244
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1244
>      Project: Derby
>         Type: Bug

>   Components: Tools
>     Versions: 10.2.0.0
>     Reporter: Myrna van Lunteren
>     Assignee: Andrew McIntyre
>      Fix For: 10.2.0.0

>
> ij no longer resolves derby.ui.locale after checkin of revision 395088 (for ij --help)
> Before this change one could get the following:
> -----------------
> java -Dderby.ui.locale=de_DE org.apache.derby.tools.ij
> IJ Version 10.2
> ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:bladb';
> ij> create table t(c1 int);
> 0 Zeilen eingef..gt/aktualisiert/gel..scht
> ij> select x;
> FEHLER 42X01: Syntax error: Encountered "<EOF>" at line 1, column 8.
> ij>
> ------------------
> (I replaced the on my system funkily displayed u- and o-umlaut with .. ). 
> Now, the same process goes like this:
> ------------------
> $ >java -Dderby.ui.locale=de_DE org.apache.derby.tools.ij
> ij version 10.2
> ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:bladb';
> ij> create table t(c1 int);
> 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
> ij> select x;
> ERROR 42X01: Syntax error: Encountered "<EOF>" at line 1, column 8.
> ij>
> --------------------
> (I'm a little puzzled why even when things apparently worked ok, there is the English
'Syntax error', but that's another issue).
> I svn-updated back until the German showed up again, and with revision 395014 all is
ok, with 395088 it's wrong.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


Mime
View raw message