db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Olav Sandstaa <Olav.Sands...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to start and stop Derby from within a test
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:04:18 GMT

Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalamati@gmail.com> wrote:
> By looking at the stack it looks like log/logmirror.ctrl  is not
> getting accessed in the privileged block at  line 2940 in LogToFile.java.
> if (checkpointInstant == LogCounter.INVALID_LOG_INSTANT &&
> getMirrorControlFileName().exists())

Thanks for looking into this and explaining why this security exception occured.

> Not sure how you got checkpointInstant to be INVALID , may be your
> test program might have exited before a first valid checkpoint. Any
> one fixing this bugs should make sure that is the case.

That might very well be the case. It occured early in on of the JDBC4
tests. The database had just been started and only a few operations
had been performed against it before I stopped it in probably not a
clean way.

> In any case  call to exists should have been
> privExists(getMirrorControlFileName()).
>

> Please file a Jira entry  with information on how to reproduce this bug.

Thanks for filing the Jira. I will try to make a small test program
for reproducing the problem. After replacing the code I was using for
stopping the database with TestUtil.getConnection as proposed by Deepa
the security exception disappeared. I will try to reproduce it in a
small test.

..olav