db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Disussion surrounding holding off metadata changes until certain issues resolved
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:32:59 GMT

> Thank you so much for calling out this potential compatibility issue in
> this thread.  DERBY-775 was not on my compatibility radar.
>
> I tried  the repro for DERBY-965 with JCC and the trunk server and see
> that JCC returns false these values for supportsResultSetConcurrency, so
> I think that we are ok for JCC too.  Is that correct?

I have run this test again, adding the JCC client, after DERBY-775 and
DERBY-1176 went it. The JCC client return false for
SupportsResultSetConcurrency in all cases (10.1, 10.2 in soft upgrade
mode and after 10.2 hard upgrade). So I can see no regression for JCC
here. But the answer is wrong, of course ;)

However, for the four other metadata calls that have changed with SUR:

	 deletesAreDetected(TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE) -> true
	 updatedAreDetected(TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE) -> true
	 ownDeletesAreVisible(TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE) -> true
	 ownUpdatesAreVisible(TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE) -> true

we are not so lucky. On trying this for 10.2 trunk I see that JCC
returns true for these as well (both in soft upgrade and and after
hard upgrade, thanks to DERBY-1176), which *is* a regression for JCC
apps:

(
com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver:
SupportsResultSetConcurrency: TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY,CONCUR_READ_ONLY: false
SupportsResultSetConcurrency: TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY,CONCUR_UPDATABLE: false
SupportsResultSetConcurrency: TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,CONCUR_READ_ONLY: false
SupportsResultSetConcurrency: TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,CONCUR_UPDATABLE: false
SupportsResultSetConcurrency: TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE,CONCUR_READ_ONLY: false
SupportsResultSetConcurrency: TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE,CONCUR_UPDATABLE: false
deletesAreDetected: true
updatedAreDetected: true
ownDeletesAreVisible: true
ownUpdatesAreVisible: true

So I guess the JCC people should be alerted to this fact.

Dag