db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Subject: Detectability of updates in DRDA
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:35:15 GMT
Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton@amberpoint.com> writes:

> - That means that now all we have to do is to figure out what message the
>    client should send the server when the client calls rowUpdated(), and
>    what message the server should return.

Hopefully, we should not even need a separate round-trip, but get info
back with the row data (perhaps via a warning?), so the client would
always be aware if a row had been updated as soon as it got it from
server. This would have the server generating a special warning when
returning an updated row and intercept this warning on the client
side, allowing it to keep track of updated status. Is that an
acceptable way to go?

Dag