db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: regression ?! all tests in jdbcapi fails for me
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:13:21 GMT
Andreas Korneliussen <Andreas.Korneliussen@Sun.COM> writes:

> I did a svn up (to rev 386640.), and all tests fail in jdbcapi.
> Everything ran fine before the update.
>
> Then I did a clean checkout, and compiled and built new jar files. All
> tests in jdbcapi fails.
>
> I have not run other suites. Individual test runs also fail with
> framework DerbyNet and DerbyNetClient.
>
> Failure seems related to security manager:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation: can't seal
> package org.apache.derby.iapi.services.info: already loaded
>>       ... 14 more

Only two checkins since midnight:

dt136804@khepri29~/lderby/derby-1094$ svn log -r {2006-03-17}:386640
r386483 | davidvc | 2006-03-17 00:24:56 +0100 (Fri, 17 Mar 2006) | 3 lines

DERBY-919 : Add support for base classes for JUnit tests.  Contributed
by Kristian Waagan.

r386501 | kmarsden | 2006-03-17 02:11:50 +0100 (Fri, 17 Mar 2006) | 14 lines

DERBY-962 Upgrade default security mechanism in client to use encrypted userid password if
client can support it.

Contributed by Sunitha Kambhampati

1. If securityMechanism is explicitly specified in the connection request then client will
not override it.
2. Dynamically figure out if the jvm in which the client is loaded, supports encrypted userid
and
password security (EUSRIDPWD) or not and use this information to upgrade to a more secure
default
security mechanism.
3. Thus if user has not specified the security mechanism, in that case the client will try
to see if
it can upgrade the security mechanism and use the new upgraded security mechanism for connection
to the server.

dt