db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Select Query execution starting point
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 13:55:43 GMT
Shaikh Quader <shaikh.quader@gmail.com> writes:

> I have recently started looking at the Derby code.
>
> Can anyone please tell me ... where does the "Select" Query execution
> begin within Derby? i.e. I'm looking for any controller kind of java
> class in Derby code that receives the user submitted "SELECT" query
> and subsequently parse, execute, and return the resultsets to the
> user.
>
> My intension is to understand the Derby's "SELECT" query execution
> model within code area. Any pointer will be appreciated.

I believe Jean Anderson already answered your question in

http://www.nabble.com/undestanding-SELECT-query-execution-model-...-need-help-t1190986.html#a3140099

Other than that, I think you just need to write a small JDBC program
that performs a select, and try to run it in your debugger. Put a
breakpoint just before the execute statement and start
single-stepping.

--
dt