db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Manish Khettry" <manish.khet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AccessControlException when running functional tests
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 00:40:41 GMT
Thanks Andrew and Myrna. I'm guessing, since nobody has seen this problem
before that there is something wrong in my dev environment. Here's what I've
found:

If I run with derbytools.jar in the classpath I get this exception. Without
derbytools.jar it works. Here is the classpath that works for me:

ds=c:/eclipse_workspace/derby/trunk
jardir=$ds/jars/sane
cp="$ds/tools/java/jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar
;$ds/classes;$jardir/derbyTesting.jar"

SImply adding derbytools.jar to cp causes this exception.

The command line is:
java -classpath $cp -Duseprocess=false -Dverbose=true
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest $*

The complete stack trace (in the .tmp file) is

RunIJ --> java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (
java.io.FilePermissionC:\eclipse_workspace\derby\trunk\java\testing\views\views_app.properties
read)
(java.io.FilePermissionC:\eclipse_workspace\derby\trunk\java\testing\views\views_app.properties
read)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(
AccessControlContext.java:269)
        at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(
AccessController.java:401)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java
:524)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:863)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.util.getPropertyArg(util.java:120)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main.mainCore(Main.java:91)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main14.main(Main14.java:55)
        at org.apache.derby.tools.ij.main(ij.java:60)
        at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunIJ.run(
RunIJ.java:44)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (
java.util.PropertyPermission * read,write)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(
AccessControlContext.java:269)
        at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(
AccessController.java:
401)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java
:524)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertiesAccess(
SecurityManager.java:
1243)