db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looking for good test suite to test Grant & Revoke functionality ...
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 02:52:43 GMT
On 3/27/06, Satheesh Bandaram <satheesh@sourcery.org> wrote:

> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>
>  Just note, any changes to the nist suite need to be recorded. See/in
> <trunk>/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/nist/readme.
>

> Thanks for this pointer... Do you know any more history behind Derby nist
> suite? Specifically I am interested in knowing if original tests had any
> GRANT statements? If so, some one must have remove them, since
> Cloudscape/Derby 10.1 didn't support GRANT statement. The list of changes
> recorded above don't seem to indicate any removal of GRANT statements
> earlier.
>
> I could try downloading original nist tests again...
>

> Satheesh
>

> >    1. Import a suitable test in open source world with compatible
> >    license. Any ideas here?
> >    2. Write one from scratch. Might take reasonable amount of time.
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions,
> >

> > Satheesh

Hi Satheesh,

When I contributed the nist suite - which was already modified at Cloudscape
before I first saw it - I did download the whole nist package to verify the
changes and ensure they were properly documented...I poked around on my
computer and must have since thrown the original stuff away. I think I would
have noticed removal of grant/revoke, but I am not certain...

Myrna