db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AccessControlException when running functional tests
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:50:46 GMT
On 3/21/06, Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/21/06, Manish Khettry <manish_khettry@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > RunIJ --> java.security.AccessControlException: access
> > denied (java.io.FilePermission
> > C:\eclipse_workspace\derby\trunk\java\testing\views\views_app.properties
> > read)
> >
> > </snip>
> >
> > java -classpath '...' -Duseprocess=false
> > -Dverbose=true
> > org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest
> > lang/views.sql
>
> I'm assuming '...' here means you've removed the actual contents of
> classpath for brevity. Recently, there have been some issues with
> running tests with useprocess=false. I'm guessing in this case that
> the security manager is installed but the test harness could not find
> the security policy (due to a security exception?) when running with
> useprocess=false. What happens when you run with useprocess=true (or
> just not setting useprocess)?
>
> I realize that if what you're trying to do is use a debugger during
> the execution of the test that it doesn't help much if the test runs
> properly with useprocess=true, but fails with useprocess=false. Any
> information about how the tests fail when running with
> useprocess=false will help to fix the issues that exist with testing
> running in that mode, though.
>
> I think Myrna has been working with useprocess=false recently. She may
> have more information about running tests in that mode.
>
> andrew

Saw my name...Yes, I did some work on useprocess=false, actually back in
december and january, but that is more centered around getting networkserver
and .java tests going and speeding up test suites. I ran into a snafu
regarding classes (apparently for functions/ java stored procedures) not
found and then I had to go work on something else, it's not ready to be
checked in just yet.

All that being said, I couldn't reproduce what you see using my classes dir
in a simple shell...(i.e. outside the IDE). Did you try that?
I must be missing a crucial detail. In your IDE - eclipse, apparently - did
you use .jars for the classpath?

Myrna