db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about sanity test
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 15:06:02 GMT
On 3/7/06, Vemund Ostgaard <Vemund.Ostgaard@sun.com> wrote:

> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>
> > For the most basic check, I run sysinfo. :-)
> > After that, I run the test lang/supersimple.sql. So, I'd do:
> >
> > java org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest
> > lang/supersimple.sql
> > java -Dframework=DerbyNetClient
> > org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTestlang/supersimple.sql
>
> When running the test with -Dframework=DerbyNetClient i get a warning at
> the end that I do not get when running it embedded:
> *** End:   supersimple jdk1.5.0_06 DerbyNetClient 2006-03-07 13:36:58 ***
> Warning: Cleanup failed on baseDir:
> ~/derby/testruns/DerbyNetClient/supersimple
>
> I see that the DerbyNetClient catalog has an empty catalog named
> supersimple and a supersimple.pass file. One level above there is a
> derby_tests.policy file.
>
> Any idea why it might be that I get this warning, what is it the test
> failed to clean up?
>
> Vemund

I see that message too...it's been there as long as there have been network
server tests, I think. I never bothered to investigate or try to fix the
harness to actually remove what it reports it can't... The next time the
test runs, it will successfully replace any files it created...So whatever
it can't delete, is harmless. (except for possibly filling up the disk with
empty directories, policy files and 1 liner .pass files).

Anyone else have any history on this message?

If you care, you could log it in JIRA as something that needs to be fixed,
or at least explained/documented better in the java/testing/README.htm file.

Myrna