db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Raymond Raymond" <raymond_de...@hotmail.com>
Subject Question about checkpoint!
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 01:12:51 GMT
In current derby checkpoint implementation, a disk I/O burst
will be caused during checkpoint. To solve this problem, I am
trying to spread out the disk I/O of checkpoint over the checkpoint
interval. I found there are several things that can trigger a
checkpoint such as too much log generated since the last
checkpoint,data backup, before data compress, when a database
creation finished and so on. I am not sure should I spread out
the disk I/O of all kinds of checkpoint? or just the one triggered
when too much log has been generated since last checkpoint?

Thanks.

Raymond

to offer.

  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.