db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Raymond Raymond" <raymond_de...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: What difference between containCache and pageCache?
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:44:34 GMT
Thanks for your answer. I am looking at the code about checkpoint.
I found, in checkpoint, both of containerCache and pageCache will
dump dirty pages. As your answer, does it mean the dirty pages in
containerCache indicate updates on tables or indexes, and the dirty
pages in pageCache indicate updates on rows? Am I right?

Thanks.

Raymond

>From: Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton@amberpoint.com>
>
>Raymond Raymond wrote:
>>I found these two kinds of cache manager in the source
>>code. I am not sure what difference between containerCache
>>and pageCache?
>
>A container is an aggregate object like a table or an index.
>
>A page is a hunk of bytes inside a container, used for storing rows.
>
>Does that help?
>
>thanks,
>
>bryan

to offer.

  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.