db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepa Remesh" <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to start and stop Derby from within a test
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:19:34 GMT
On 3/30/06, Olav Sandstaa <Olav.Sandstaa@sun.com> wrote:

> Anyway, the best solution to this problem would be to be able to reuse
> functionality that already might exist in the test framework. Any
> suggestions are appreciated.

The tests in the harness use ij.startJBMS to get initial connections.
The connection is obtained by using the properties specified in the
<test>_app.properties file. ij.startJBMS method can also be used for
any subsequent connections which use same properties.

For any subsequent connections which need to use another set of
attributes (e.g, shutdown), TestUtil.getConnection method can be used.
This method was recently added and now works for all frameworks. I
have added a comment to DERBY-950
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-950). Please look at that
also to see if it helps.

Thanks,