db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepa Remesh" <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: checkDriver test for DB with spaces
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:46:04 GMT
On 3/9/06, Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I once more ran 'my' remote server scenario, and this time, I hit a failure
> in the test checkDriver.
> This test now includes a test for creation of a database with spaces.
> Which is wonderful, but to confirm successful creation, the test does a if
> (file.exists).
> This of course fails on the remote server, and so, the test fails, although
> the database is actually created.
>
> Does anyone have another suggestions for confirming the existence of the
> database?

I had added this test as part of derby-618 with the check to see if
the directory gets created properly. Without derby-618 patch, we could
still connect to the url with spaces in database name but the database
name used is truncated. So I had added this check to confirm database
creation.

After I modified this test, I had noticed that without derby-618
patch, the test also fails in the call to DatabaseMetadata.getURL
since this method returns a wrong url with truncated database name. I
kept the database creation check thinking it to be a more
straight-forward test for this issue. Since this fails in remote
server scenario, I can remove this redundant check and will submit a
patch later today.

Thanks,
Deepa