db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Regression checkbox (was Re: Can we change SQL State?)
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 20:45:58 GMT
On 3/31/06, David W. Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:

> I think notification is great.  I don't understand why what you are
> suggesting should be "components" they really seem to me to make sense
> as checkboxes -- how are these "components" of the system?  Andrew, can
> you explain?

I had misunderstood Kathey's request earlier. I agree that checkboxes
for this behavior would be good to have to flag issues as regressive
behavior, with an additional checkbox for release notes impact, and
leaving the Regression Test Failure component specifically for test
failures. I'm wondering though, if "Existing Application Impact" is
perhaps redundant? In what situations would a behavior be a
regression, need specific mentioning in the release notes, and not
have an impact on existing applications?

andrew