db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [web] derby web site reorg
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:39:46 GMT
I like all of these changes, just a couple of comments:

> 1) Some time ago somebody mentioned the blue menu on the left was too
> dark. It turned out to be easy to change it to beige in the forrest
> config file.
>
> Is beige an improvement?
> Or leave it blue?

I like the lighter color a lot. I wouldn't change it back even to a
lighter blue, but that's my personal preference of course.

> 2) Added a "Quick Start" page, linked to on the Home tab and the home
> page. (Tapestry has a Quick Start page that is also a tab.)
>
> Good idea? What about the name? Any suggestions for content?

This is nice, my only addition would be at the top, a link to the
download page, seems like downloading it is the first thing people
should do, but maybe the assumption is that they'll download it first
and then come to this page? It would be nice if there were some way to
direct people hitting the Derby site for the first time directly to
this page. Link a big, bold link on the front page that reads "New to
Derby? Click here!"

> 4) Added a "Download" tab to make downloads even easier to find.
> (Geronimo and XmlBeans have Download tabs.)

It's weird that you click the Download tab and it takes you the
download part of the Home tab, but I'm guessing that's just a Forrest
thing.

andrew