db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IRC chat summary
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:28:55 GMT
On 3/23/06, David W. Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:
> Maybe we could in the past, when we had fewer bugs and fewer
> contributions, but now perhaps we need a longer stabilization period.
> Maybe a release criteria could include a reduction in bugs by a certain
> percentage.

The release criteria are decided by the release manager. If they want
to have such a criteria, it's up to them.

I tend to think it will happen naturally, though. Members of the
community will peruse the bug list, or know off-hand which issues
remain after their features are all checked in and will help to adjust
the bug list targeted for the release accordingly.

As such, I tend to think the best criteria for release is "when it's ready." :-)

andrew