db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build of toursdb - make it optional?
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:15:09 GMT
On 3/23/06, David W. Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:
> I am noticing toursdb is built as part of "ant all".  I am also noticing
> it can take a while to build.  Can we make this a separate target that
> is not built as part of ant all?  Or is there a different target I can
> use that just builds the database and test classes?

I'd rather not unhook the build of the demo database from 'ant all'. I
think 'ant all' really should build everything necessary to build the
release distributions.

You could run 'ant ; ant testing,' but there are tests of the demos
that rely on the classes in java/demo, so if running derbyall is your
goal, then you need to build the classes in demo. Right now, the
classes and build of the database are all dependents of the default
toursdb target in java/demo/toursdb/build.xml. I suppose we could
split the build of the database from the compilation of the class
needed for testing, and then make that new target have
unless="no.toursdb". Then you could run 'ant -Dnotoursdb=true all' and
skip the build of toursdb, or have a notoursdb target at the top level
that sets the property and calls all.

andrew