db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AccessControlException when running functional tests
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:09:45 GMT
On 3/21/06, Manish Khettry <manish_khettry@yahoo.com> wrote:

> RunIJ --> java.security.AccessControlException: access
> denied (java.io.FilePermission
> C:\eclipse_workspace\derby\trunk\java\testing\views\views_app.properties
> read)
>
> </snip>
>
> java -classpath '...' -Duseprocess=false
> -Dverbose=true
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest
> lang/views.sql

I'm assuming '...' here means you've removed the actual contents of
classpath for brevity. Recently, there have been some issues with
running tests with useprocess=false. I'm guessing in this case that
the security manager is installed but the test harness could not find
the security policy (due to a security exception?) when running with
useprocess=false. What happens when you run with useprocess=true (or
just not setting useprocess)?

I realize that if what you're trying to do is use a debugger during
the execution of the test that it doesn't help much if the test runs
properly with useprocess=true, but fails with useprocess=false. Any
information about how the tests fail when running with
useprocess=false will help to fix the issues that exist with testing
running in that mode, though.

I think Myrna has been working with useprocess=false recently. She may
have more information about running tests in that mode.

andrew