db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] Java(TM) not getting rendered properly for html
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 00:25:31 GMT
> The (TM) portion of Java(TM) is mangled on these html pages:
> </snip list of pages>
> I checked the Getting Started guide and the output is correct for the
> HTML book and for the PDF, just not for the individual html pages
> Here's the DITA tag in the source that isn't getting rendered properly:
> <tm tmclass="special" tmowner="Sun Microsystems, Inc."
> tmtype="tm" trademark="Java">Java</tm>
> Does this ring a bell to anyone? or should I log a new Jira issue?

The output HTML is correct. It looks like your browser isn't honoring
the charset attribute in the header. The header specifies the charset
to be UTF-8, and the trademark symbol is properly encoded as such.

It would be nicer if the DITA toolkit used the &copy; character
reference instead, but what they're doing is technically also correct.
See if you can switch the default encoding in your browser to UTF-8.
Even so, sounds like a bug in your browser.

View raw message