db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not allowed to delete from Jira anymore?
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:42:43 GMT
On 3/13/06, Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@sun.com> wrote:
> Have I missed why we are not allowed to delete stuff from Jira anymore?
> I saw Kathey was unable to delete a comment, and I am not able to delete
> an attachment I would like to replace.
> I tried deleting from a issue I both reported and was assigned to (I was
> even logged in!), but the delete controls are not there anymore.
> Is this a change of policy, or just a issue that will go away in a
> little while?

I was concerned last week when an entire issue was deleted, and I
double-checked the permissions and some permissions (like delete) were
granted too widely, in my opinion, allowing any jira user to perform
them. Deleting an issue (which is then not recoverable), I restricted
to the derby-administrators group, although I had not realized at the
time that the delete privilege covers the ability to delete comments
and attachments as well, a bit of poor granularity on the part of
JIRA's permissions schemes.

Others on the list have requested that patches and comments not be
deleted from JIRA so that there is a record of how patches progress,
along with all relevant comments, so I'm tempted to leave it as-is.

Anyone else feel differently? The permanent deletion of issues is a
bad thing, I sort of hoped that JIRA would actually keep the records,
but it appears not. But if people really want to be able to delete
comments, I can give the derby-developers group the delete permission

View raw message