db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Contributing toursdb demo database to Derby
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 01:11:00 GMT
Hello derby-dev,

I have attached the files necessary to build the Cloudscape toursdb
demo database to DERBY-422. It's technically not a new database, but a
pared down version of the old Cloudscape JBMSTours database. But, the
bonus of contributing toursdb is that many of the examples in the
manuals are already written with this database in mind.

Included in the patch are:

- SQL files and build file to build the database as part of the "all" build.
- a test of the creation scripts and associated files
- an Ant build file to go in the bin release distribution
- necessary entries to add it to the bin distribution

Many thanks to Myrna Van Lunteren, who did most of the surgery
necessary to pare the JBMSTours database down to something usable with
Derby, and to Kathy Saunders for helping me with the legal approvals
to release this.

I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions. If there are no
objections, I'll assume lazy consensus and commit this next Friday.
Otherwise, I'll do my best to satisfy concerns and then put it to a
vote.

thanks,
andrew