db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ij.startJBMS() returns null with JDK 1.6 tests
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 05:35:23 GMT
On 2/10/06, David W. Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi, all.  If I run a test built with the 1.6 JDK, ij.startJBMS() returns
>   null with absolutely no message or explanation.  It works fine for
> tests build with the 1.4 JDK.  Has anyone else encountered this.  Do we
> know what's going on?  Is there a way to diagnose ij to get more
> information?

Been meaning to followup on this for a while, as I'm sort of tracking
testing issues with 1.6. Did you ever figure it out? Is the test being
built with 1.6 and run in 1.4? That I would expect to fail with the
current build environment. But test built in 1.6, ij and engine built
in 1.4, and the whole thing run in 1.6 and ij.startJBMS() returns null
there?

I guess I'm not totally clear on the exact parameters, but it seems
like making progress is simple: write a simple testcase that calls
ij.startJBMS() outside the harness and see if you get the same null. A
lot easier to debug in that environment.

andrew