db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: derbytools.jar loading derbyclient.jar
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 01:10:28 GMT
On 3/1/06, Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradbury@gmail.com> wrote:

> Having all the jars start with 'derby' has the advantage of making them
> easy to search for and they will short together in an alphabetical
> listing like is produced by most directory listings.  Having them sort
> together when listing out jarfiles in Server libdirectory or other jar
> repository environment is really nice.
>
> How about                      derbygo.jar       ?

I agree with all of this as well. This is the problem with naming
things: there are often competing suggestions that each have their own
merit and none of them is necessarily the "right" one. They all would
work.

Anyway, I'll let this go a little while longer in case anyone else has
other good ideas.

andrew