db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: derbytools.jar loading derbyclient.jar
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 19:38:40 GMT
On 3/1/06, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>
> > Then, the "new user" tools and examples could just tell users
> > to run things like
> >
> >    java -jar derbyall.jar ij
> >    java -jar derbyall.jar NetworkServerControl start
>
> +1
>
> I like it!

This is certainly reasonable, doesn't impact any current users
upgrading, and best of all: we can all agree on it. :-)

I've attached a new patch to DERBY-1063 that does this.

As for names, I used derbycmd.jar in the current version of the patch.
That's hard to beat in eight letters. My only other suggestion would
be derbyctl.jar - there's a nice symmetry to the apachectl utility in
httpd.

Does derbycmd.jar need a properties file and be reported in sysinfo?
I'm voting no at the moment.

andrew