db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Håvard Mork" <havard.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Show tables
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:36:09 GMT
Hello,

I was thinking about the possibility to extend IJ to allow 'show
tables', and possibly 'show table'. Having worked a lot with mysql, I
was missing these commands when I first started working with Derby,
and I would be glad to see them introduced.

Is this a good or a bad idea? 'Show tables' is not standard sql
standard, but the 'select' syntax for listing tables seem to differ
between most database systems. I would suggest implementing 'show
tables' as an alias for a query to sys.systables for printing table
names.

Any feedback is appreciated.

--
Mvh,