db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Another good article for Apache Derby
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:17:15 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:
> This talks about Java DB, Sun's distribution of Apache Derby, but I
> thought the tutorial/example for how to build a desktop app using
> NetBeans and Java DB still would be useful to Derby users.  Jean, if you
> agree, perhaps we can put this on the web site?
>
> http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/Desktop/javadb/

I noticed your Wiki entry for it at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyInstruction#Examples -- thanks for
adding that.

Right now
http://db.apache.org/derby/quick_start.html#Next+Steps+For+Users has
this list, which sometimes links to the Wiki:

   * Examples
   * Demos
   * How to use Derby with other products
       o Database Tools
             + DdlUtils
       o IDEs
             + Eclipse
             + JBuilder
             + NetBeans
       o Data and Object/Relational Mappers
             + iBATIS
             + JPOX JDO
             + Torque
       o Web Applications
             + Geronimo
             + Tomcat 5.0
             + Tomcat 5.5
             + WebSphere

How about providing specific links for Examples and Demos?

   * Examples
      o Using Java DB in Desktop Applications
   * Demos
      o Database-in-a-browser

What else should be listed?

One minor scheduling note:  I'll be gone all next week. These edits to
the web page are actually pretty simple, once people decide what should
be listed. Would you or another committer be willing to do the edits and
publish the site? I'd be more than happy to work with you (or whomever)
on the forrest logistics.

 -jean