db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Fernanda Pizzorno <Fernanda.Pizzo...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JDBC ResultSets from DatabaseMetaData
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:22:52 GMT
I just came accross that in the book "JDBC API Tutorial and Reference,
Third Edition". In the last paragraph of section "27.1.19 Queries That
Produce Updatable Result Sets" (p.715) it stands:

"Result sets created by means other than the execution of a query, such
as those returned by several methods in the DatabaseMetaData interface,
are not scrollable or updatable, nor are they required to be."

Fernanda