db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: pushing back the freeze date for the JDBC4 work
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:49:23 GMT
I think monthly would be a good interval. I think the Norway team has
the machinery to generate full sets of jars, including documentation, on
demand. From a previous thread, I got the impression that turning one of
these productions into a "snapshot" involves bolting on some interim
Release Notes, explaining the delta from the previous snapshot. Does
that sound adequate or do you think a snapshot is fancier?

Seems to me we have to balance some factors:

1) The cost of generating a snapshot. For me that cost is largely a
matter of compiling the delta notes. Other people may incur other expenses.
2) The value of getting early feedback.
3) The cost of premature feedback on half-baked code.

Regards,
-Rick