db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject pushing back the freeze date for the JDBC4 work
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:57:14 GMT
I need to push back the freeze date for the JDBC4 work. The following
issues have created more work than I originally estimated:

1) Upgrade issues raised by Kathey, tracked in DERBY-1107
2) Missing method signatures, tracked by DERBY-1146
3) The continued evolution of the JDBC4 spec itself
4) Some work on forwarding PooledConnection methods, which needs
analysis and description in JIRA

I do not have a new freeze date yet, but I expect it will fall in May,
still comfortably far away from an autumn release date for 10.2. I will
let the community know when I have a new freeze date.

At this time, I'd like to ask other 10.2 contributors if the original
freeze date of April 7 still looks reasonable. If not, please let us
know. If you need to slip your freeze date and you can estimate a better
date, please let us know that too.

Slipping the JDBC4 freeze date will affect the completeness of the alpha
snapshot we want to post in May. As Ole noted,
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/DerbyJDK16/builds/ holds
current snapshots of the raw JDBC4-capable Derby.

Thanks,
-Rick