db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject [Fwd: Re: [SHUTDOWN] Should I shutdown embedded data base ?]
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:50:16 GMT
Moving this discussion to Derby-Dev because I want to ask a code-related
question to Oystein:

Have you had a chance to look at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-51

Your comments seem to relate to a number of the issues raised in this bug.

In particular, I am trying to understand the differences, *in the Network
Server Environment*, between:
  - Shutting down a single database that is being served by the Network Server
  - Shutting down all the databases that the NS is serving, but leaving the
    NS itself up and running
  - Shutting down the Network Server itself, either
    - with, or
    - without shutting down the databases it is serving

I've only looked at this a little bit, and have made myself thoroughly
confused, so I was hoping that maybe you could shed some light in this area.

thanks,

bryan