db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Discussion (in preparation for a vote) on interface stability table
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:47:28 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>David W. Van Couvering wrote:
>

>>Hi, all.  I would like to propose that we have a discussion, in
>>preparation for (at some time in the future) a vote on the interface
>>table I put together at
>>
>>http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ForwardCompatibility

I think we need something about   client/sever compatibility.   How long
will different client/sever combinations be supported? When will we
negotiate down vs throw an error?   The same questions apply  for
client/server differences in jvm version.  Should that information  be
on  a different page or this one?  I prefer a timed based support (e.g.
five years) rather than  a decision based on Derby versions.

Kathey