db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Discussion (in preparation for a vote) on interface stability table
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 02:11:04 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> Hi, all.  I would like to propose that we have a discussion, in
> preparation for (at some time in the future) a vote on the interface
> table I put together at
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ForwardCompatibility

Would this set of rules drive the decision of when to
declare a major release versus a minor release?

We currently don't have any rules about when we would
change to 11.0 from the current 10.x pattern.

Would it be because someone changed some "Standard" interface
in an incompatible way that we move to 11.0?

If no-one made such a change, would be be having 10.14 in a number of years?

Curious,
Dan.