db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Looking for good test suite to test Grant & Revoke functionality ...
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 23:55:47 GMT
Hi Michelle,

Thanks for contributing the test. Looking at the test code briefly, I
noticed following:

   1. The test doesn't have ASF license at the top. Would it be possible
      to include ASF license blurp at the top and contribute that? You
      can find that license info on any Java file in Derby test or code
      files.
   2. There does seem to be dependency on other com.sun packages. It may
      be possible to remove them by rewriting calls to those.
   3. Some of the SQLs need to be changed... Current DERBY-464 proposal
      doesn't support WITH GRANT OPTION or some of the system privileges
      (USAGE clause)

The test seems good.... Need to spend some time making it working for Derby.

Satheesh