db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: pushing back release date for jdbc4-capable Derby
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:53:35 GMT
I think you are quite right that this is most likely too long to wait
for the next release.  I think what Rick is saying is his personal itch
is JDBC4, that's the release he wants to manage, and he's not up for
managing two releases in a row.

I am hoping (and I am sorry to say I am not the one to do this with a
new baby) that someone can volunteer to manage an earlier release so we
can get some of this great new functionality (other than JDBC4) out to
our users.

Helpful hint to anyone thinking of doing this: it is pretty darn easy to
build a binary of Derby that does not include JDBC4 - just don't compile
it with the JDK 1.6 compiler...  So hopefully we do not have to yank out
all the JDBC4 work to do a release prior to the GA of the JDBC4
specification.

David