db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: pushing back release date for jdbc4-capable Derby
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:30:17 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> AHowever, because the JDBC4 schedule moved back, I must post my
> release later, most likely in October.

My big issue with this is that we seem to be totally deviating from a
major tenant of  of open source development.

/Release early. Release often. And listen to your customers.
/
http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/ar01s04.html

How will we in the Derby development community reign in quality and
compatibility issues especially with client and get the needed user
feedback with such a  long release cycle?

Kathey