db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Compatibility guarantees for SQL states and messages
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:49:02 GMT
Hi David,

There's clearly a compatibility issue here. Reasonable applications do
look at the SQLStates of caught exceptions. However, I think our
guidelines let us fix incorrect SQLStates--including making the Network
and Embedded clients agree. I would recommend listing SQLState changes
in the Release Notes.

Regards,
-Rick