db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Reproducing DERBY-836
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:27:42 GMT
 > I am looking at Derby - 836 and could not reproduce it in network mode.

When you run jdbcapi/metadata with -Dframework=DerbyNetClient, does the
test pass or fail for you? If it does, you've reproduced the bug.

Look at lines 10-12 of metadata.out in
   java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master
and
   java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/DerbyNetClient

Do you see how the two files are different?

The bug says that we want to change the DerbyNetClient/metadata.out file
so that it has the same values as the master/metadata.out file, because
we think the file in the master directory has the correct values, but since
DerbyNetClient is currently producing length 12 in those 3 cases, we cannot.

That is, to reproduce the bug, change DerbyNetClient/metadata.out so
that lines 10-12 match the lines from the master/metadata.out file, then
re-run your script and the test should now fail with a diff showing those
three lines.

thanks,

bryan