db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject [web] derby web site reorg -- take #2
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 00:52:48 GMT
what I think is a final cut is here:

http://people.apache.org/~jta/DerbyTest/index.html

this incorporates two more big changes:

(1) Susan Cline mentioned that the distinction between "Library" and
"Resources" was really blurry, and I agreed.  So I put all manuals under
a "Documentation" tab, and everything else under "Resources".

(2) David Van Couvering mentioned the navigation problem with the
manuals. I moved all links from the left-hand navigation menu into the
body of the page, where clicking on them opens the target in a new page.

This does not address Scott Hutinger's comments about the derby
downloads page. It needs a rewrite, which I'll tackle later.

thanks for all the comments and please post any more problems you spot!
I'll invite derby-user to review the proposed reorganization. Then, if
there are no objections, I'll commit the changes on Thursday.

regards,

 -jean