db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Show tables
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:59:14 GMT
>I was thinking about the possibility to extend IJ to allow 'show
>tables', and possibly 'show table'.

I think 'show tables' is a good idea. (Is the 'show table' , you
mentioned, same as 'describe table")

'describe table' is another useful command to have that will show the
data types of
each table. Currently one can achieve this by writing a  query on the
system tables. A simple
command will be really useful.

And as Satheesh suggested these could be ij commands.

-Rajesh