db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: access denied test diffs in Rick's environment
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 06:20:11 GMT
> 4) My classpath is wired together out of the classtree under
> trunk/classes and the jar files in trunk/tools/java.

Thanks, Rick, that was exactly the clue I needed.

I've been running solely from jars, both sane and insane.

When I re-wired my classpath to run directly from trunk/classes,
I got exactly the error you describe.

Rick, can you file a bug and assign it to me?

Meanwhile, can some of the security experts help me out a bit
with the policy file? Why is it that the sysinfo code is
permitted to read the java.class.path property when running
from the classes directory, but is denied access to that property
when running from jars?

thanks,

bryan