db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Looking for good test suite to test Grant & Revoke functionality ...
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 03:35:14 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
As I am wrapping up Grant &amp; Revoke functionality being tracked
under DERBY-464 (except for views, triggers and constraints part), I am
looking for good way to test new functionality. While I have added two
new tests, grantRevokeDDL.sql and grantRevoke.java, I am looking to
expand test coverage to try some real schemas and usages. Some ideas
are:<br>
<ol>
  <li>Try converting existings tests to new SQL authorization mode. <b>nist
    </b>suite seems like a good candidate. It already enables
authentication and has authorization statements under comments. I will
have to change nist suite to grant required object privileges and
adjust test suite to work-around extra restrictions current
implementation has. I have already tried running nist under SQL
authorization and initial run caused about<b> 40</b> test failures out
of 126 tests. After changing tests a little, I have brought down
failures to about 20 tests. I will need to further change tests to add
grant statements to get the test to pass.</li>
  <li>Import a suitable test in open source world with compatible
license. Any ideas here?</li>
  <li>Write one from scratch. Might take reasonable amount of time.</li>
</ol>
Thanks for any suggestions,<br>
Satheesh <br>